© 2009 Smithyman & Zakoura, All rights reserved.
Veronica L. Dersch
Business and Insurance Litigation
University of San Diego, San Diego, California
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, Special Departmental Honors, Cum Laude, 1995
University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas
Kansas Bar, 2002
United States District Court for the District of Kansas, 2002
Missouri Bar, 2003
United States District Court, Western District of Missouri, 2003
Assistant Attorney General, Kansas Attorney General’s Office, 2007-2009
- Prosecuted criminal cases including homicide, death penalty, violent crimes, official misconduct and property crimes.
- Acted as Interim County Attorney for Cherokee County, Kansas.
- Educated law enforcement related groups on cyber crimes and other topics.
Assistant District Attorney, Johnson County District Attorney’s Office, 2005-2007
- Prosecuted criminal cases including homicide, violent crimes, drug and property crimes, DUI, domestic violence, and crimes against children.
Associate Attorney, Jenab and Kuchar, LLP, 2003-2004
- Defended a variety of actions to include felony crimes, Child in Need of Care actions, civil commitment of sexual predators, and other trial work.
Assistant District Public Defender 2003-2003
- Represented indigent criminal defendants in felony trial cases
Professional Organizations and Activities
Earl E. O'Connor Inn of Court
Johnson County Bar Association
Judge Pro Tempore, Johnson County District Court